So these protein balls I started making as my go-to no-bake lactation cookie! Add a little brewers yeast and boom-lactation support!! My daughter is now expanding her palette so I cut these into tiny bites and she devours them! I make them for her without the brewers yeast now.
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup unsweet shredded coconut
2 .T cacao (cocoa) powder
2. chocolate chips (I use dairy free Pashca 85% or enjoy life brand)
2 T. dried fruit (we love cherries or cranberries)
1/4 cup maple syrup (agave or honey work well too)
1 T. brewers yeast (for lactation support if needed)
1 T. water (if needed)
1. Pulse pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes then add in remaining ingredients.
2. Process until there are no detectable big pieces – especially if you will be sharing with your kiddos!
3. Scoop out by the Tablespoon, the mini ice cream scoopers work great.
4. Roll into balls or pop into mini paper muffin cups.
5. Store in fridge 4 days or freeze.
Yield: 12 balls
Note: If serving to your toddler, cut into small dime size pieces and flatten (to make sure no big chunks. Brush their teeth after snack since this has sticky sweetness!
Check out our video making this tasty treat :)!