Some nights you throw all your veggies into the oven to roast then for some crunch you slice up your cruciferous veggies like fennel and marinate in a tangy dressing. This is that meal and it’s oh so pretty and tasty. You could serve this at a party because it looks fancy!
Fennel bulb, sliced
8oz sliced mushrooms
8 oz asparagus, ends trimmed
3 parsnips, sliced
Pinch salt and pepper
2 T. organic olive oil
2 T. juice of fresh orange juice
1 tsp. fresh orange zest
1/8 tsp pink salt and black pepper
1/8 tsp. dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
3. Rinse and shake off excess water from mushrooms, clean and trim asparagus, slice parsnips.
4. Arrange onto baking sheets then spray with grapeseed oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake mushrooms for 30 minutes, asparagus for 15 minutes, and parsnips for 30-40 minutes.
6. Set aside to cool.
7. Slice fennel and toss with ¾ of dressing. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
8. Arrange roasted veggies on a large platter along with fennel. Serve with dressing on the side for dipping.
Yield: 4 servings as appetizer/snack