Bringing lunch to work doesn’t have to be boring. Pack up leftovers and you’ll be looking forward to this mid-day meal right after breakfast!
Once of my favorite kinds of lunches are comfort foods like sweet potato and beans. I baked up sweet potatoes for a dinner, then sliced up leftovers for a few lunches. I made a pot of black-eyed peas which make great leftovers, you can use canned if you don’t want to soak and cook the beans. Be sure to use BPA free canned beans such as Eden Farms.
Creamy avocado is a great addition to this meal for some healthy fats and extra protein along with protein from the beans.
Other great leftover combinations:
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Stew
- Leftover balsamic chicken with garlic-lime broccoli (Recipe in my E-cookbook!)
- Red Quinoa and Black-Eyed Pea Salad – Recipe featured on Vitacost.com
- Spinach and Zucchini Lasagna
- Espresso Roasted Pork with Brussels Sprouts
For a sweet treat try my No-Bake Cacao-Hemp Protein Balls!
What are your favorite leftovers to bring for lunch at the office?