Holidays call for fancy looking and fancy tasting desserts! Gingerbread is perfect for the holiday season and the orange glaze adds a nice pop to this yummy cake.
Gingerbread cake bites
2 cups gluten free baking flour
½ tsp pink salt
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. allspice
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
2 T. neat egg powder or 1 whole egg
2 T. ground flaxseed meal
½ cup water
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup plus 1 T. maple syrup
¼ cup molasses (not blackstrap)
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease cake bites pan with coconut oil spray. I used a fall decorative pan or a muffin pan would work great too.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients and pour into dry ingredients bowl and stir to combine.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter into baking pan per mini cake.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and mini cakes are golden brown.
- Set aside to cool at least 30 minutes then carefully flip mini cakes onto a decorative platter.
Yield: 16 cake bites
To make orange-molasses glaze:
½ cup full fat coconut milk (put can in fridge overnight to separate liquid from the fat.) or culinary coconut milk
3 T. maple syrup
1 T. molasses
1 tsp orange zest
1-2 T. juice from an orange
- Whisk together glaze ingredients. Sweeten to taste.
- Add more orange juice for a thinner consistency.
- glaze each mini cake before serving.
Yield: 1 cup glaze
This recipe is adapted from my original recipe available on Vitacost.com