Pumpkin is very seasonal and you see pumpkin in everything from the Fall all the way through winter. We are in the middle of winter so I wanted to share my pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe with you. These are a new twist on the pumpkin bars that my husband loves!
1+1/2 cups Vitacost garbanzo flour
½ tsp. pink salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup coconut oil
¾ cup organic turbinado sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. water
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Combine dry ingredients flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder in a medium size bowl.
3. Mix together wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, water, and vinegar.
4. Pour wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
5. Stir in chocolate chips or chunks.
6. Scoop out 2 Tablespoons of batter per each cookie (use a medium ice cream scoop).
7. Bake cookies at 375 for 18-20 minutes until done and brown on the edges.
Yield: 1 dozen cookies