Classic potato salad is loaded down with heavy mayonnaise. Avocado is the perfect substitute for mayo(!!) – it’s loaded with healthy fats that are good for you and won’t weigh you down. A perfect side to go along with your favorite grilled eats. To learn more about avocado, check out 13 health benefits of avocado here!
10-12 organic red or gold potatoes (small in size)
½ tsp salt for boiling potatoes
1 whole avocado
½ small lemon, juiced
2 T. fresh chives, minced
¼ tsp each pink salt and ground black pepper
1. Rinse potatoes and add to cooking pot with cold water and ½ teaspoon of salt.
2. Bring water to a boil then cook for 10-12 minutes until fork tender.
3. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water and allow to cool.
4. Once potatoes are cool, cut in half then cut each half into quarters (so you get 8 bite size pieces per potato).
5. Mash avocado and combine with lemon juice, chives, salt, and pepper.
6. Mix avocado mixture with potatoes and stir until potatoes are coated.
7. Serve immediately or chill then serve.
Yield: 8 servings