Surprise someone special with a batch of these scrumptious yet healthy brownies! Classic brownie recipes are made with over one full cup of white sugar. These clean eating brownies have the perfect amount of sweetness combined with a healthy ingredients list you can feel good about serving up.
Triple chocolate antioxidant power comes from cacao powder, cacao nibs, and mini dairy-free chocolate chips. Satisfy your chocolate cravings without overloading on sugar. Mix chocolate chips into the batter and sprinkle on top of batter before putting in the oven to bake. This dream dessert is ready in 20 minutes flat!
3/4 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. real salt
2 T. ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water, set aside 5 minutes to gel
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup raw sugar (turbinado or demerara)
2 T. dairy free mini chocolate chips to mix in batter
2 T. dairy free mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of batter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 8×8 glass baking pan with coconut oil, set aside.
3. Mix ground flaxseed with water, set aside to gel, this is a flax egg.
4. Measure dry ingredients into a medium bowl.
5. Measure wet ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.
6. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl. Add flax with water mixture to batter.
7. Mix 1-2 minutes until blended well, be sure not to over stir batter.
8. Stir 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips into batter.
9. Pour batter into greased 8×8 glass baking pan.
10. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips on top of batter.
11. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
12. Allow to cool before cutting and serve with coconut milk ice cream.
Yield: 16 brownie squares