Chickpeas are a favorite in my house, but they are not just for hummus. Chop up tangy dill pickles, fragrant fennel, and crunchy celery and you’ve got a new salad that eats like a meal.
Serve with brown rice cous cous or scoop up with flax crackers.
2 cups cooked chickpeas, soak and prepare according to package
1 t. sea salt, add to chickpeas when finished cooking
Brown rice cous cous, cook according to package
2 dill pickle spears, chopped
2 cups fennel bulb, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 T. Rosato wine vinegar
1 T. Meyer lemon infused olive oil
Pinch black pepper
1. Soak chickpeas overnight then drain soaking water. Cook 60-90 minutes or until cooked completely.
2. Stir 1 teaspoon sea salt in cooked chickpeas.
3. Cook brown rice cous cous according to package.
4. Chop pickles, celery, and fennel (bulb only). Set aside in a bowl.
5. Add 2 cups of cooked chickpeas to bowl.
6. Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, and black pepper then pour over salad.
7. Serve with brown rice cous cous.
What are your favorite recipes made with chickpeas besides hummus? Please share in the comments section below.