Want an ooey gooey sweet treat but don’t want to wait around for cookies to bake in the oven? These no-bake sunflower seed and coconut balls are perfect for an after dinner sweet bite. The dough will be sticky when you roll it but this is what you need to grab the coconut flake topping. Pop into mini paper cupcakes for a gourmet presentation.
½ cup Organic sunflower seed butter
1 cup finely grated unsweet coconut flakes plus ½ cup for rolling balls
1 medjool date, pitted and soaked in hot water for 3 minutes
1 ripe banana, peeled
2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
1. Add to food processor sunflower seed butter, banana, 1 cup of coconut flakes (reserve remaining ½ cups for rolling), ground flaxseed and pitted date.
2. Process until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Scoop out with mini cupcake scooper, roll into balls. Dough will be sticky. Set each ball on parchment paper.
4. Add remaining ½ cup of coconut flakes to a large plate. Roll balls in coconut flakes to coat one at a time.
5. Place each ball into mini paper cupcake.
6. Store in fridge or freezer.
Yield: 15 Balls