Photo credit: Katie Kaleita Higgins (Heman and I at New Year’s Eve dinner)
New Year’s brings about so much anticipation about going all out to be our super perfect best self and no less will do (oh the pressure!). We get overwhelmed in an instant and then it’s tough to want to step forward and take action.
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Focus on making one small positive step a day. Here’s a few small steps you can take. Choose one or two daily. I hope this inspires you to make up some of your own.
One positive step a day to better health:
1. Drink water with lemon first thing in the morning to hydrate and give your body a natural energy boost. I use fresh squeezed lemons or lemon essential oil, must be Therapeutic Grade so it’s safe to consume, I use doTERRA.
2. Have a piece of fruit or sliced veggies as a snack instead of a candy bar.
3. Make a healthy dinner. Keep it simple. Baked fish and a healthy salad. Try my recipe: http://blog.vitacost.com/recipes-2/baked-mahi-mahi-with-roasted-garlic-salsa.html
4. Exercise first thing in the morning before getting ready for work. Create a workout schedule at the beginning of each week, pencil in that weight-lifting session or spin class, then get up and go in the morning.
5. Be good to you. Take that 5 minute break when you know you really need. Ask for a hug when you need to feel loved.
I am all about creating goals that are specific and measurable instead of resolutions which are usually vague and unrealistic. I encourage you to start simple then expand by writing down your short and long term goals. For professional support in reaching your health and wellness goals, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you abundant Health & Happiness in the New Year!