It’s the middle of Summer and boy is it HOT out there! You may be drinking tons of water everyday to quench your thirst but sometimes plain water gets a little boring. Iced-tea is popular this time of year and I whipped up a recipe that will cool you down and please your taste buds at the same time!
2 bags organic green tea
2 bags organic ginger tea
3 cups cold water
6 cups ice
1 lemon, juiced
1 lemon, sliced
2 T. organic maple syrup, optional
1. Boil 3 cups of water in a tea kettle.
2. Steep green tea and ginger tea in 3 cups of water for 1 hour.
3. After tea has steeped for allotted time, mix with another 3 cups of cold water in a 2 quart tea pitcher.
4. Add 6 cups of ice to tea.
5. Stir in lemon juiced and sliced lemon.
6. Sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
Yield: 2 quarts