I don’t care how young or old you are, everyone loves cookies! I posted these on Instagram/Facebook last week and got a lot of requests for the recipe. So here you go my friends!
Easy to make, made with healthy ingredients. I went easy on the sugar, just the right amount. Most cookie recipes have at least a cup, but trust me you only need 1/2 cup.
1 cup rolled oats
1 T. chia seeds mixed with 1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
2 T. coconut oil or coconut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. dried cherries
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dairy free)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Mix chia seeds with water, set aside for 5 minutes to gel.
3. Add all ingredients to food processor, except for chocolate chips.
4. Pulse to combine in food processor.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Scoop out cookie dough with mini ice cream scoop, place onto baking sheet.
7. Using the back of a fork, press down on cookie dough to flatten cookie until approximately 2 inches in diameter. You want all cookies to be the same thickness.
7. Bake 15 minutes or until done.
Yield: 14 cookies