Happy Thanksgiving this week! We will be celebrating with family and looking forward to some fun and relaxation.
I wanted to share with you what we’ll be enjoying this year.
*Greenwise Turkey (humanely raised without hormones or antibiotics, fed a vegetarian diet)
*Traditional dressing (Southern dish made with cornbread, breadcrumbs, eggs, butter, turkey broth)
*Sweet Potato Soufflé (you know the one made with sweet potato and marshmallows on top)
*Garlic Lime Broccoli (garlic and broccoli sautéed with a squeeze of fresh lime and pinch of salt)
*Roasted delicata squash (roasted whole, then sliced)
*Citrus Cranberry Sauce
*Wild Rice (healthy recipe below!!) Or you can make this other version of mine featured on Vitacost.com
Sweet & Savory Wild Rice (proudly featured on SloBody.com/blog!)
1 cup wild rice blend (or wild rice if you prefer) soak in water 30 min to 4 hours to remove phytic acid
2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium apple, diced (leave peel on)
1 organic zucchini, diced
1 organic yellow squash, diced
1/2 tsp each cumin + coriander
1/4 tsp. each ground cinnamon, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Soak rice 30 minutes to 4 hours to remove phytic acid, rinse rice and set aside before cooking.
2. Wash apples and veggies well then dice.
3. Heat medium-sized sauté pan (4 quart) to medium heat, add apple and veggies to cook about 10 minutes. Stir often.
4. Measure out spices then add to sauté pan.
5. Add wild rice and 2 cups of filtered water to pan, bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer
6. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is done.
7. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
8. Serve warm or at room temp.
Yield: 5 cups
Dish can be prepared a day or 2 in advance.
What is going on your Thanksgiving table this year?