Sweet potatoes are one of my all time favorite foods. Top with toasted buckwheat groats, sauteed greens and drizzled with gourmet dark raspberry vinegar and garlic infused olive oil and I’m in heaven.
This is really easy to make and super filling and satisfying. Isn’t this a gorgeous work of art and the best because you get to eat it too!
- 2 medium organic sweet potatoes or garnett yams
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 8 cups superfood greens mix of spinach, chard, kale
- 2 tablespoons Sonoma Canyon Garlic-Infused olive oil from Vitacost.com
- 1 tablespoon Sonoma Canyon Dark Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar from Vitacost.com
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash sweet potatoes then bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked to your preference.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, set aside 10 minutes to cool while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- Dry toast buckwheat groats on a skillet at medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove buckwheat groats from pan.
- Using the same pan, cook 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil with freshly crushed garlic cloves at medium heat. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sauté greens with garlic for about 30 seconds until wilted.
- Cut slits at the top of each sweet potato to form a pocket then stuff with ¼ cup buckwheat groats, half of sautéed greens and then drizzle with olive oil and raspberry vinegar. Repeat steps to fill second sweet potato.
- Serve warm.