I’ve partnered with SloBody and created a 28-day Clean Eating Program. Many people may not be familiar with clean eating so I’m going to break it down for you!
What is Clean Eating?
There are so many different diets out there and all of them promise a sleek, slim, and sexy new you in just a couple of days or weeks. Many of us have tried too many to count AND can count more failures than successes in these endeavors AND have gained back all we have lost and then some.
When deciding what to eat, how often do you listen to YOUR OWN BODY instead of listening to the ‘media health experts’ reporting on what food is supposed to be the best new food? 10 years ago margarine was the best choice, now butter is back. Eggs are good; eggs are bad; eggs are good again. Who can keep up? The problem with cookie cutter nutrition guidance is that some foods may not be good for your unique body.
So what way of eating truly works and is something you can follow for a life time? The Clean Eating way of eating is your answer. This means you eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods most of the time. Using the rule of thumb 90/10 or 80/20 if you are just starting out. You don’t have to eat perfectly clean 100% of the time, it’s what you eat most of the time that counts!
Clean Eating does mean planning meals ahead, but as the saying goes, “when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” If you are new to this way of eating, seeking an expert to guide you is your best move. An expert such as a Certified Health Coach, can help you plan meals that you will actually eat, and meals that work best for your body. Most diets do not consider your individual needs and that just sets you up for failure. Hiring an expert to learn the Clean Eating way of eating can ensure your success not only in the short term, but in the long run as well.
So what is Clean Eating you ask? Here are the basics:
· Eating whole, minimally processed foods. Stick to the perimeter of the grocery store. Skip frozen meals, packaged snacks, cookies, crackers
· Fresh produce, think fruits and veggies (local and organic are best). Stick to the clean fifteen and dirty dozen list for guidance: http://www.ewg.org/foodnews
· Lean and clean proteins: See Clean Protein Sources section in this manual for details, think fish and animal proteins from sustainable and organic sources, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils
· Whole, intact grains: rice, quinoa, millet, rolled or steel-cut oats, amaranth, sorghum, cous cous (contains gluten), barley (contains gluten)
· Healthy sources of oils and fats, your body needs fat to absorb important nutrients, cushion your joints, give you soft skin and silky hair, helps you feel full longer. High quality olive oil, grapeseed oil, avocados, nuts, coconut oil
· Focus on drinking water as your best beverage, avoid sugary and highly caffeinated drinks
· There is no perfect way of clean eating, follow the basics and you will achieve better health, aim for 80% clean eating, 20% discretionary
Are ready to discover what actually fuels your engine properly and get your body running as efficiently as a racecar?
Check out the 28-day Clean Eating Program: http://slobody.com/training/kickstart/.
And one of the best parts, you can do it from anywhere! All your tools and coaching are online.