I asked what you wanted to hear about on facebook and I heard you want to learn about snacking.
I like to snack too.
Having different options is great because eating the same snack every single day gets really boring. I usually like to keep it simple and throw some fun ones in there with homemade creations.
- Apple slices with cinnamon
- Banana sliced lengthwise, topped with granola or cacao nibs
- Avocado (half or whole depending on size)
- Celery with handful pumpkin seeds
- Red quinoa drizzled with sunflower seed butter
- Roasted sweet potato wedges with cinnamon
- Simple salad of greens, topped with cucumber and olives
Fancy Snacks (make ahead of time and bring on the go or to work):
- 5-ingredient Pumpkin Mousse
- Cacao-Maca Protein Balls
- Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Cherry Granola Bites
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie
Snacks you can buy:
- St. Dalfour gourmet on the go
- Freeze Dried fruit (no added sugar) by Bare Organics
- Roasted Seaweed Snacks if you like salty
- Dried Mango strips (no sugar added, just mango)
- Dark chocolate with handful of nuts or seeds
Snack bars, make sure there are real ingredients in there, look out for sugar content and avoid artificial sweeteners. I use bars in case of emergency when I’m on travel and I know I will run out of my precious homemade protein balls.
A few I recommend….
- Vega bar (gluten free)
- Kind Bars (they make minis for a small snack)
- Enjoy Life bars (gluten free)
- Clif Kit Organic bars (gluten free)
- Cascadian Farms Organic
- Bonk Breaker Bars (gluten free)
What is your favorite snack simple or fancy?
Please share, I’d love to have even more yummy ideas to try out.