We’ve had a few cool mornings in Florida and I’m loving it, but I’m so not in the mood for a smoothie.
I need something warm in a bowl with a little cinnamon and cooked fruit.
You might think I’m gonna reach for oatmeal, but not today.
Check out ancient grain teff that comes from Africa. It cooks up in just 15 minutes and is super filling and a high protein grain.
Let this grain cook while you’re in the shower and have it hot and ready to enjoy before you head out to work.
Cold Morning Teff Bowl
1/4 cup teff grain (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
1 cup water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1 small apple chopped
1. Measure out teff grain and add to small cooking pot.
2. Measure out water and add to pot.
3. Chop apple and toss in pot.
4. Add cinnamon and pinch of salt.
5. Bring to a boil, then cover (leaving small space for air to escape) turn down and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir well, let cool so you don’t burn your mouth then enjoy!