This meal makes me think of sunshine, probably because of the way I arranged the sweet potatoes and the natural light pouring onto the plate. It put a smile on my face and it was ready in minutes since I cooked the chicken and potatoes the day before.
Baked sweet potato, baked chicken drumsticks, dandelion greens rubbed with olive oil and pink sea salt.
Baked Chicken Drumsticks
1# chicken drumsticks (organic, antibiotic free, no hormones added)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/8 teaspoon each (or to taste) pink sea salt, black pepper, turmeric, basil, oregano
1. Measure out and combine vinegar, oil, and spices. Toss in a resealable 1 gallon plastic bag.
2. Add chicken to bag, seal, shake to combine. Let chicken sit in marinade for 20 minutes on counter (this is a short enough duration to not cause food spoilage). If you choose to marinate overnight or for more than 30 minutes, place chicken in fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken and marinade in baking pan.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until juices of chicken run clear.
5. Once chicken is fully cooked, set oven to broil and cook another 3-4 minutes to brown chicken skin.
6. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes then serve with sliced baked sweet potato and dandelion greens.