Do you want to eat healthier but think it’s too complicated or means only eating salads? There are so many simple steps you can take to enhance your health. It starts by taking action today and jumping in for the challenge! You are worth it and wouldn’t it be wonderful to feel great and look fabulous, and have a healthy?
Top 10 Tips to a Healthier You:
- Add creamy avocado slices to your burgers and sandwiches instead of mayo or fancy aioli (i.e. mayo) spreads.
- Skip the deep-fried french fries and order baked sweet potato instead or grilled veggies.
- Start the day with a big glass of water and squeeze a whole lemon or lime in the glass, this will hydrate and alkalize your body instantly! You’ll hydrate and get a boost of energy first thing in the morning.
- Make quinoa instead of white rice, they both take 20 minutes to cook. Quinoa is a superfood and contains more protein, fiber, and healthy nutrients than white rice. It’s absorbed slower in your body for sustained energy too.
- Upgrade your peanut butter to one made with just peanuts and salt, skip the ones with added sugars and oils. Try almond butter too.
- Switch from conventional milk to Organic milk or yogurt. Organic dairy tastes better and it’s not full of antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, or added hormones.
- Shred carrot or zucchini into your favorite pasta sauce. It will thicken it up and add tons of nutrients!
- Make kale chips for a snack instead of fried potato chips. Check out Michelle’s of www.FindYourBalanceHealth.com tasty kale chips tips and recipe: http://findyourbalancehealth.com/2012/08/how-to-make-the-perfect-kale-chip/ Kick up the flavor with chili-lime kale chips: http://findyourbalancehealth.com/2010/07/chili-lime-kale-chips/
- Skip the coffee and drink green tea. Why you ask? Green tea is chock full of antioxidants and is an alkalizing drink, coffee is highly acidic and can disrupt digestion, cause jitters and keep you up late. Green tea contains far less caffeine so you get a milder lift. Choose decaf green tea or herbal tea later in the day so it won’t interrupt your sleep cycle.
- Eat organic apples! They are on the dirty dozen list rated for higher pesticides than other produce. Check out the EWG (Environmental Working Group) list for the full dirty dozen list: http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php to be in the know of produce is highly recommended to purchase organic. Also, check out the clean fifteen list on the same page that reveals the 15 fruits and veggies with the least amount of pesticides so you can skip organic.
Join me for my Realfood Challenge!! E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Those are my top 10 ways to a healthier you! What are your best tips to get healthy? Please share