Happy Thanksgiving this week!
A time for gathering with family, perhaps traveling a bit, tons of food, maybe a little drama. If you’re worried about eating too much, saying the wrong thing, or not being enough, check out these tips:
- Just breathe – take a brisk walk in the morning or jog if you’re a runner. Even for only 15 minutes, take deep breathes getting air down to the base of your lungs. Deep breathing delivers more oxygen to our muscles, tissues, and especially our brain. We can think more clearly and feel happier when our brain gets tons of fresh oxygen.
- Enjoy a light breakfast with some tea. My raspberry pumpkin muffins are festive and filling. (subscribe to my newsletter to get recipe now). I made a batch this weekend and put them in the freezer so they are ready to bring to Tampa to share, but you know I’ll be enjoying one before we hit the road Thanksgiving morning 😉
- Stay hydrated throughout the day, drinking in between meals helps nourish our bodies and also distracts us from getting into too many goodies before meal time. With so much food around it’s easy to pick all day and end up feeling full before the main meal then end up eating until we’re really stuffed.
- Approach the day with gratitude and forgiveness. Appreciate everyone who gathers with you on this special holiday, we are all together to give thanks after all. Think of 3 things you love about each person and tell them at least one of those things. You will make their day and possibly their year!
- Dress up in something that makes you feel comfortable and attractive. Do this for yourself, it will make you smile more and if anything comes up that bothers you for the day, it’s less likely to stick because you are feeling so great about yourself.
- At the Thanksgiving meal, chew your food really really well. Engage in conversation. Focus on enjoying the company. Appreciate each bite of delicious food. Put your fork down between bites.
- Eat dessert, you heard me right! If you love dessert, go ahead and have a slice of pie or cookie. Enjoy that dessert fully. Have it with a lovely cup of tea. Thank yourself for a joyous meal with dessert then relax about it. Take an evening walk to get more fresh air and give gratitude for all the blessings in your life.
What are your best holiday tips? Please share in the comments below.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!! XOXO