Kale chips seem to be everywhere these days. I’ve seen a lot of recipes online and decided to start making them myself. I’m on my third batch of the week, yes they are that good!
These babies come together fairly quickly and go well with grilled fish or your favorite protein.
Krispy and Delish!
Kale is a highly nutritious bitter green vegetable. It’s got Vitamin A, C, K and several essential nutrients. Kale is also a great non-dairy source of Calcium! Bitter greens are beneficial to eat especially in the Spring time when people tend to get congestion and sinus infections. This will help keep your lungs clear so you can breath easier. Keep kale on your menu to help prevent cancer, diabetes, and heart disease!!
Recipe – Makes 2 servings
half bunch of kale (5 stems full of leaves)
1-2 T. olive oil
pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Remove kale leaves from stems and wash thoroughly. You can chop or tear leaves off stem.
3. Shake water off as best you can. Place paper towel on baking sheet and put kale on top. Put more paper towels on top of kale and dry kale. Discard wet paper towels.
4. Drizzle olive oil on kale and sprinkle on spices. Using your clean hands, mix the oil and spices evenly until kale is well coated.
5. Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven, turn over kale leaves and bake another 8-10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool a few minutes then serve.
Yummy meal idea: serve with grilled fish.