Crockpot to the rescue with this delicious homemade meal I call turkey stew.
These are two turkey thighs, I prefer them over cooking with chicken thighs. These do well when cooked for 10 hrs.
2 turkey thighs, about 2#
4 small red potatoes
1 cup baby carrots or two carrots cut into 2 inch pieces
1 cup celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 medium onion, cut into semi-circles
spices: sea salt, paprika, black pepper, oregano
1. Peel and cut onion into semi-circle pieces. Place in bottom of crockpot.
2. Rinse well and cut potatoes in half, then half again.
3. Rinse carrots and celery, baby carrots can be tossed right into pot, if using whole carrots, cut carrots and celery sticks into 2 inch pieces.
4. Toss all veggies in crockpot.
5. Remove turkey thighs from packaging and place on top of veggies.
6. Sprinkle on sea salt, paprika, black pepper, and oregano. Feel free to use your favorite spices.
7. Cover and set to Low, cook for 8-10 hours. I typically cook for 10hrs and it comes out great!
8. Pull apart turkey and places meat and veggies in serving bowl.
Dinner is ready in about 10 minutes when you get home, what could be better than that?
Serve with a green salad for some crunch!
Time Saving Tip: Prep and fill your crockpot with ingredients the night before and put into fridge, then you can just pop into crockpot heater, set to Low and head out the door.