Make life easy on yourself during the week with this easy beef taco salad! Cook the ground beef, add seasoning and water, cover and let it simmer. Then prep your veggies, pull out the organic non-GMO (recommended) chips and salsa and there you go!
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
1# ground beef (preferably grass-fed beef or organic – no added hormones or antibiotics!)
1 batch Taco seasoning from recipe above
Lettuce – romaine, mixed field greens
Avocado, cut into chunks
Salsa of choice, Drew’s brand is really great or Publix Greenwise
Plain Greek yogurt as substitute for sour cream, can also mix with salsa – very yummy!
Tortilla Chips or tortillas if making tacos (whole grain)
Shredded cheese (optional)
1 can or 2 cups cooked Pinto beans
1. Cook beef thoroughly in deep skillet on medium heat.
2. Add prepared taco seasoning plus ¾ cup water (just like the packets!)
3. Bring to a boil, then turn down to simmer. Cover and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
4. For salad, spread lettuce onto place and top with beans, meat, avocado, cheese, and salsa.
5. For tortillas, fill with lettuce, beans, meat, salsa, avocado, and cheese.