Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetie! This chocolate delight is both dairy free and gluten free for your special loved one.
Serve with lots of hugs and kisses XOXO!
Recipe adapted from my Birthday Cake!
* 1 cup millet flour or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
* 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
* 3/4 cup unrefined turbinado sugar
* 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 4 Tablespoons applesauce PLUS 2 Tablespoons canola oil
* 1 cup water
* 1/3 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Sift flour, quinoa flakes, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa together into an 8×8 inch ungreased cake pan.
3. Make three depressions. Pour applesauce and oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well. Pour water over all, and stir well with fork.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter in pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool completely, then cut into 16 small squares.
Moist and delicious, the perfect Valentine chocolate treat for your sweetie!