As you may know, I received my Health Coach Certification from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition in September 2010. I learned from many of the board advisors below and am excited that they are now officially part of a board to help cultivate better Health Coaches so we can help many people around the world become happy, healthy, and thriving individuals and communities!
The announcement below is from Joshua Rosenthal, Founder and Director of The Institute for Integrative Nutrition:
“Today, on behalf of all of the staff at Integrative Nutrition, I am proud to announce the establishment of a Board of Advisors who will help shape the strategy, vision, and long-term direction of the Health Coach Training Program.
The board consists of 15 physicians, researchers, and leading authorities whose specialties span the fields of nutrition, health, and functional medicine.
- Andrew Weil, MD, Director of Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona
- Walter Willet, MD, Chairman of Nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, author of Eat for Health: Lose Weight, Keep it Off
- David Katz, MD, Director of Yale Prevention Research Center
- Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., Co-founder of the Institute for Imago Relationship Therapy
- Lynn Goldstein, MS, RD, CDN, nutrition educator at the Jay Monahan Center
- Bernie Siegel, MD, bestselling author and expert in healing and patient empowerment
- Sally Fallon Morell, Founding President of the Weston A. Price foundation
- John Douillard, DC, international teacher of Ayurvedic medicine
- Stephan Rechtschaffen, MD, Senior Advisor on Omega’s board of directors
- David Wolfe, authority on superfoods and raw foods nutrition
- Collette Heimowitz, MS, Vice President of Education and Research for Atkins Health
- Howard Lyman, author of Mad Cowboy: Plain Truth from the Cattle Rancher Who Won’t Eat Meat
- Paul Pitchford, MS, author of Healing with Whole Foods
- Barry Sears, Ph.D., founder of The Zone Diet
We already teach concepts like primary food and bio-individuality that are unique to Integrative Nutrition and set our curriculum apart from other nutrition programs. In the coming year we plan to add even more exclusive content to our course, and this Board of Advisors will help us as we continue to add new principles and update and innovate the Health Coach Training Program.
I look forward to seeing where this next step in the Integrative Nutrition journey takes us, and thank all of the founding board members for the invaluable insight their leadership will provide.”