Imagine coming home from a long day to this? A soothing and savory sweet potato and black bean stew.
Now all you have to do is get out a bowl and spoon, then relax with this comforting meal! Oh so good, and tons of leftovers for lunch or dinner.
1 cup dried black beans
1/2 cup uncooked millet
2 cups vegetable broth
2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
2 yellow squash, cut into bite-size chunks
1 medium onion, cut into bite-size chunks
2 carrots, cut into bite-size chunks
additional veggies of choice
spices: sea salt, black pepper, paprika, oregano
1. The night before, place dried black beans and millet into bowl to soak overnight.
2. Cut up veggies the night before to save time in the morning, put into crockpot, cover then pop into fridge overnight.
3. In the morning, drain and rinse your dried beans and millet.
4. Remove crockpot loaded with veggies from fridge and place into crockpot heater.
5. Add beans and millet to crockpot.
6. Add vegetable broth, paprika, and oregano. Do not add sea salt yet, this will slow the cooking of beans during day.
7. Set crockpot to low, cover, and let cook all day, 8-10 hours.
8. Before serving stir in 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper, season to taste.
Spoon into bowl and enjoy!!