Clean Eating Magazine released their November/December 2011 edition and their roast turkey inspired me to put in a practice turkey roasting session before Thanksgiving. I used their wonderful spice rub to roast my turkey and it turned out beautifully. You’ll have to check out their magazine for the entire recipe. Just know that you CAN make this at home and it WILL turn out like they say!!
Their holiday feast also included a Souffléd Sweet Potatoes recipe. I had a couple of sweet potatoes and some Yukon golds, but not the cream of tartar this recipe called for, so I decided to create something all my own. It turned out great!!
Sweet & Gold Mash
2 medium organic sweet potatoes
2 medium organic Yukon gold potatoes
1t. ground cinnamon
1/2t. parsley, dried ( or 1T. fresh if you have it)
Himalayan sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. After your turkey is roasted to perfection, using the Clean Eating recipe, set the oven temp to 400 degrees.
2. Clean potatoes, then prick with fork, place in 8×8 glass pan and bake for 1 hour or until really soft.
3. Let potatoes rest for 10 min, then place in mixing bowl. Use hand held immersion blender to blend until smooth. Leave skins on for added nutrients!
4. Season with cinnamon, parsley, sea salt, and black pepper, to taste.
5. Serve steaming hot with your roast turkey and sautéed greens or steamed asparagus.