I’ve had dairy free gluten free pizza at Mellow Mushroom before and it’s very good! However, I wanted to make some at home on a weeknight.
My star ingredients were Sami’s Bakery Millet & Flax Lavash purchased from Woolbright Farmer’s Market. Woolbright Farmer’s Market is a great place for fresh produce, much of it local and organic, along with great local food products, like honey, breads, and the like.
What’s a pizza without the cheese? For me, I went with daiya dairy free and vegan cheese. These two star ingredients worked beautifully together, this will be made again very soon!
I love veggies so tonight’s pizza toppers were roasted portabella mushroom using Jenna’s recipe. So easy and so good! I steamed up some asparagus as well. Chopped the veggies and layered onto my special pie.
Place on a cookie sheet and broil for 5 minutes, done!
* 1 millet & flax lavash or other gluten free pizza crust of choice
* 1/2 cup daiya mozzarella
* 1 roasted portabella mushroom, chopped
* 5 steamed asparagus spears, chopped
1. Set oven to Broil.
2. Layer daiya cheese on top of millet & flax lavash
3. Layer portabella and asparagus on top of daiya.
4. Place on a greased cookie sheet and Broil for 5 minutes.
5. Let stand for a few minutes, then cut and enjoy!
This house has a cheese eater too, so regular pizza was also made tonight!
My husband enjoyed freshly shredded mozzarella cheese (not the pre-shredded stuff) and chopped pepperoncini on his pizza.
Good pizza for everyone !!
What are your favorite toppings for pizza night?