Halloween is the official start of the holiday season for many of us. This time of year, many of us face daily temptations of leftover candy, yummy baked goods, holidays parties, and more.
Here are some of my best tips to help you to avoid unwanted weight gain, mood swings, and energy spikes and crashes on Halloween!
Healthy Halloween Tips:
- Eat a good meal or snack before any Halloween candy, that way you will be satisfied with 1-2 pieces
- Never eat Halloween candy on an empty stomach, otherwise it can easily turn into an empty calorie meal
- Enjoy 1-2 pieces of your favorite candy, don’t waste calories on candy you don’t even like
- Give away candy you like the most first (or only buy candy you don’t like), then you’ll have less of your favorites around the house after all your trick-or-treaters have come and gone
- Stash remaining candy in the freezer to use for holiday cookie recipes or just simply throw in trash. Better to go to waste in the trash can than on your waist line
- Put on your werewolf gloves before eating candy
Try eating candy with werewolf gloves on!